Friday, November 26, 2010

last day in Todos Santos

well I had to wait to the last day to contribute to our blog, seems to be the venezuelan way. We leave tomorrow and I will be spending a week on my own in Guatemala, not sure what I will be doing yet.
I have to admit I was nervous about dreesing up as a dog and expecting to entertain a bunch of kids, I certainly stepped out of the box on this one, but We figure it would be the best way to send the message: how to avoid a dog bite and how to feed your dog more protein in tortilla land. Even feeding the magic formula of 2 tortilla per kg dogs need protein and we hope eggs will help.
The play was a success and we have become instant celebrities in TS. We have been asked a few times to take pictures with kids and even adults!. This hopefully means that the message was sent and that it will make a difference, if that´s the case it was all worth it.
The team work was again great and we leave with a lot accomplished. I have feel a difference from this year to the last one in regards to how people take care of their dogs. Many times post op dogs were picked up in a taxi because owners lived too far and they took our advice seriously when we told them that Oso could not walk that far and that Oso would have to be carried home.
However, San Martin was a different story, lots of underweight dogs and not that great pet care. It was our first time there and we hope things will change a bit for next year.
Well I am off to have some delicious lunch (food has been great on this trip) and then off to El Sendero Ecologico which is hike 20 min from TS towards Hue Hue. This hike was highly recommended by our Peace Corps friend Kelly.
Graaaaciaaaasssss

No comments:

Post a Comment